DIRECTOR OF ADMISSIONS
Full Time – Altoona, PA
** Social Worker Preferred **
Altoona Center for Nursing Care — conveniently located in Downtown Altoona — is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility providing both skilled and intermediate care. To support the center’s ongoing success, we are currently seeking a Director of Admissions to oversee the flow of inbound prospects and referrals, through targeted marketing, partnership development and community outreach.
Responsibilities of the Director of Admissions:
- Developing comprehensive marketing initiatives designed to drive increased referrals and inbound leads, from partner care providers/services and individuals
- Establishing partnerships with third-parties (physicians, care centers, etc.) to best fuel the referral pipeline, and drive new prospects to Altoona
- Prescreening candidates for admission, and coordinating relevant nursing assessments
- Assuring the appropriate placement of new residents within Altoona upon admission
- Submitting all insurance, financial and demographic information to the business office prior to new resident arrival
- Functioning as a Altoona representative for families, insurances, physicians and other care professionals, as it relates to resident care
- Overseeing the admissions staff, including an Admission Clerk and Admission Medicaid Clerk
Qualifications of the Director of Admissions:
- A high school diploma or GED equivalent
- Social Work experience
- Previous experience working with the admissions process
- Experience within a health care setting or long-term care facility is preferred.
- Professionals with a nursing background and a solid understanding of the Admissions process or those with a medical background and marketing experience are encouraged to apply.