WOODHAVEN CARE CENTER
Have you always been interested in becoming a Nursing Assistant?
No experienced required!
On the job training to start working as a Resident Aide!
*This position is a Temporary job opportunity looking to transition this role into our Free CNA Training classes!
- Growth Opportunities
- Free on the job training
- Free Parking
- Free Uniforms
- Medical Benefit Packages
- Competitive Hourly Rates
- Employee Referral Incentives
- ....and more!
Woodhaven Care Center is a 120-bed Skilled Nursing Center with an 18-bed Specialty Care Unit offering a new web-based Wound Care Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administers personal and restorative care for geriatric residents and residents of various ages and assists in the activities of daily living for residents/patients in his/her assigned area according to the established policies and procedures of the nursing department.
- Provides general care to residents of all ages, including bathing and dressing. Assures residents are properly and comfortably clothed at all times. Administers shampoos and hair care, shaves residents, trims finger nails, assists resident with personal and dental hygiene. Makes beds and organizes resident’s room.
- Provides restorative nursing care such as positioning residents, lifting and turning residents, ROM, applying/utilizing special equipment, simple skin care, and ambulating and toileting residents.
- Assists with and/or performs procedures, with proper instruction and supervision, such as: admitting, transferring, discharging residents, taking T.P.R. and BP, measuring and recording intake and output, exercise, and assists with care of dying and dead. Assures safety devices and precautions are being utilized; room temperature is compatible with resident needs; and assists nurses in giving treatments and examining residents.
- Answers resident call lights, anticipates residents’ needs, and makes rounds to assigned residents.
- Compares diet trays with diet orders before serving, serves trays, feeds residents as necessary and removes trays. Assists with or provides personal care after meals. Transports residents, who are able, to the dining room and recreation room and supervises/assists them while dining. Serves nourishments and fresh water.
- Assists residents to and from bathrooms and provides assistance as necessary. Offers bedpans and urinals and assures incontinent residents are clean and dry, changing linens as needed. Encourages showers and other self-help measures and activities.
- Assists residents with care of clothing and other personal property (including dentures, glasses, contact lenses, hearing aids, prosthetic devices, etc.)
- Observes residents for physical and psychosocial needs, attitudes, reactions, appetites, etc., and reports unusual findings to the RN/LPN. Recognizes verbally or physically abusive aggressive resident behavior, responds appropriately and reports same immediately to supervisor.
- Responds to resident call lights and intercoms in appropriate timely manner.
- Performs all duties in accordance with the State regulations and the residents/patients Bill of Rights.
- Maintains confidentiality of resident information at all times.
- Reports any allegation of resident abuse in any form to immediate supervisor.
- Completes specific assignments per nursing unit routine and documents necessary information reflecting resident care.
- Provides individualized nursing care to geriatric residents and residents of various ages according to resident care plan.
- Communicates effectively with residents’ family members and members of the health care team.
- Assists with recreational activities as directed.
- Assists in preparation of unit, room for admissions/discharges.
- Provides post-mortem care as directed.
- Complies with the Facilities Infection Control policies and procedures including Body Substance Isolation (BSI) and the Exposure Control Plan which reflects OSHA Bloodborne Pathogens Standard to ensure a safe working environment for self and others.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, safe environment by cleaning equipment as directed, handling clean and soiled linen appropriately, reporting faulty equipment, and storing supplies on unit appropriately, etc.
- Anticipates and takes action to maintain a safe environment. Incorporates safety/risk management standards into daily work practices. Uses all safety equipment provided appropriately. Reports faulty equipment/problems immediately. Adheres to applicable restrictions when operating equipment, e.g. restrictions for 16 and 17 year old workers assisting with power-driven lifts.
- Performs all other duties assigned by supervisor.
To apply please respond with your interest or stop in to fill out an application at:
Woodhaven Care Center
2400 McGinley Road
Monroeville, PA 15146