Exciting Pharmacy Medication Order Entry Position Available in Pittsburgh
Full Time - 3rd Shift 7 on/7 off
Grane Rx is seeking adaptable, helpful, self-starters for Pharmacy Medication Order Entry positions near you. This position will offer the right candidate a rare opportunity to receive training while on the job. The chosen candidates will receive a great deal of training on a day-to-day basis.
Responsibilities Include but not limited to:
* Calculates and/or verifies the correct dosage based on the prescription
* Enters new and refill orders in a timely and accurate manner.
* Process orders based on the priority assigned for daily workflow
* Prepare backup pharmacy orders
* Comply with processes that address all state and federal guidelines regarding medication labeling.
* Provide dispensing pharmacists with information regarding allergies and drug interactions, therapeutic duplication, and other items that the computer flags.
* Courteously assists all internal and external customers
* Consult with dispensing pharmacist regarding prescription order clarification, non-stock items, order entry problems or concerns.
* Complete all data fields according to pharmacy procedures including use of approved abbreviations.
Successful candidates will have a High School diploma or equivalent, working knowledge of medical terminology brand and generic names of medications and general pharmacy terminology, Licensed/registered pharmacy technician or as required by state law, Basic math and analytical skills, and Intermediate typing skills. Must have your own transportation due to Pharmacy hours. Our environment is fast paced and results oriented so candidates must be flexible, structured, and able to multitask.
We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages for full time, a great work environment, and much more! Submit your resume today for consideration to start your career with a fast growing, stable company with growth potential!