Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) Full Time Position Available!
Located in Dauphin County, just ten minutes from downtown Harrisburg and near five major hospitals, Colonial Park Care Center is a 198-bed Skilled Nursing Center offering an expansive mix of services rarely found under one roof. Our beautifully landscaped grounds allow those who are able to enjoy the outdoors with friends and family who visit.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Directing, guiding and teaching RN supervisors, LPNs, nurse aides and unit clerks, ensuring consistent, cohesive quality of care
- Evaluating nursing staff performance and providing structured appraisals to improve and enhance service
- Coordinating resident rounds to assess residents’ skin conditions and work with the Director of Nursing to develop comprehensive, individualized follow up
- Aiding in the interview, hiring and training process for all new nursing staff, including presenting at the new employee general orientation
- Functioning as the primary instructor for nursing assistant classes, including documenting performance and participation
- Monitoring staff patterns and nursing care hours to ensure proper coverage at all times
- Supervising staffing coordinator, and performing these duties during any period of absence
- Planning and coordinating in-service education programs, in accordance with applicable regulations
- Developing a full-year schedule of planned education programs, geared primarily towards geriatric residents
- Identifying and evaluating special nursing problems and emergency situations quickly and in accordance with residents’ advance directives; initiating life saving measures in the absence of a physician, as appropriate
Additionally, the Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) will assume all responsibilities for the Director of Nursing during periods of absence and, as such, a strong managerial and organizational backgroundis critical. Experience with Point Click Care. Willing to call in place of DON. Able to show involvement in system reviewand QAPI understanding. Candidates must have a current Pennsylvania RN license or temporary practice permit, plus at least one year of experience in an extended care facility, specific to geriatric and/or rehabilitative nursing services.